Be contented. Be cheerful. Do not have a murmuring spirit. But give thanks for all the blessings in your life so that God can bless you more. Have a humble spirit, so that God can exalt you. Do not seek earthly things that will perish but seek the true treasures that will last and give fulfillment
and the Lord will answer you in your times of need. Seek the Lord on your knees and pray. Worship Him in truth and in spirit.

Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Daily Reflections With Jesus

On Tuesday 9/1/2020 I was struggling to get up and have any energy to face the day or have a quiet time. So, I decided to worship and sing scripture instead of just sitting, reading and praying. I thought I might fall asleep if I had done that. My bible was already open to Matthew and resting on my music stand so I pulled it closer to me as I sat on the couch and started turning the pages until I found Psalms. As I am flipping through I landed on psalms 8 and 9 and lo and behold a small white moth flutters off of my page. I have no idea where it came from, how it got in my bible or even how it survived between pages. The day before I had been in Psalms before turning the Matthew but still it didn’t make any sense. After the brief shock I moved on and didn’t put thought into it until later in the day. I walked outside around 4 to take Alsie (my guide dog) to the restroom and realized that there was a white object that had moved from my room number to the part of the wall closer to my door. For the last week I noticed there was something white resting right next to the number 4 on my room number. I had wondered what it was but again didn’t put much thought into it because it wasn’t bothering anything. It stayed there for 2 days and didn’t move. I then realized on day 2 that there was another white object resting eye level on my door frame right where I open my door. I thought it was strange but didn’t put much though into it again. Neither moved for another 2 days. Then Monday I realized that the object that was on my door frame was gone. I had wondered what it was or where it went but again didn’t put much thought into it. I had no idea what it was because it was just white. It almost looked like someone had placed a piece of chewed gum on my door frame and room number. Well the next morning, Tuesday morning I was flipping through my bible and a moth flutters out of it like I stated above. Later that day I realized that the white object that was on the number 4 has now moved closer to my door. Curious and knowing it is not a piece of chewed gum I pull out my phone and take a picture of it. I had never seen anything like it. It has wings, a fuzzy head, horns and claw like fingers. I inquired about it to friends and come to find out, it is called an “Angel Moth”. My thoughts then flashed back to that morning when a moth flew out of my bible and realized that it was the “Angel Moth”! I was lost for words and didn’t know what that meant! Did I just have 2 “angels” perched at my door for the last week? Why would a moth fly out of my bible on Psalms 8-9? Why was one of the moths on the number 4 of my room number for 4 days before it moved? Maybe I am reading too much into this but I don’t think I am. I don’t believe in coincidences and I don’t believe it was just random that all of this happened. If anything, it makes me feel special that the Lord would assign 2 “angels” to watch over me regardless if that’s what it represented or not.

That is what I took from it. This is what Psalms 8 and 9 says.

Psalm 8
For the director of music. According to gittith.[b] A psalm of David.

1 Lord, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
in the heavens.
2 Through the praise of children and infants
you have established a stronghold against your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger.
3 When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
4 what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
human beings that you care for them?[c]
5 You have made them[d] a little lower than the angels[e]
and crowned them[f] with glory and honor.
6 You made them rulers over the works of your hands;
you put everything under their[g] feet:
7 all flocks and herds,
and the animals of the wild,
8 the birds in the sky,
and the fish in the sea,
all that swim the paths of the seas.
9 Lord, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Psalm 9
For the director of music. To the tune of “The Death of the Son.” A psalm of David.

1 I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
2 I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High.
3 My enemies turn back;
they stumble and perish before you.
4 For you have upheld my right and my cause,
sitting enthroned as the righteous judge.
5 You have rebuked the nations and destroyed the wicked;
you have blotted out their name for ever and ever.
6 Endless ruin has overtaken my enemies,
you have uprooted their cities;
even the memory of them has perished.
7 The Lord reigns forever;
he has established his throne for judgment.
8 He rules the world in righteousness
and judges the peoples with equity.
9 The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed,
a stronghold in times of trouble.
10 Those who know your name trust in you,
for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.
11 Sing the praises of the Lord, enthroned in Zion;
proclaim among the nations what he has done.
12 For he who avenges blood remembers;
he does not ignore the cries of the afflicted.
13 Lord, see how my enemies persecute me!
Have mercy and lift me up from the gates of death,
14 that I may declare your praises
in the gates of Daughter Zion,
and there rejoice in your salvation.
15 The nations have fallen into the pit they have dug;
their feet are caught in the net they have hidden.
16 The Lord is known by his acts of justice;
the wicked are ensnared by the work of their hands.[c]
17 The wicked go down to the realm of the dead,
all the nations that forget God.
18 But God will never forget the needy;
the hope of the afflicted will never perish.
19 Arise, Lord, do not let mortals triumph;
let the nations be judged in your presence.
20 Strike them with terror, Lord;
let the nations know they are only mortal.

Blessings Abundantly,

Taylor

No comments: