Be contented. Be cheerful. Do not have a murmuring spirit. But give thanks for all the blessings in your life so that God can bless you more. Have a humble spirit, so that God can exalt you. Do not seek earthly things that will perish but seek the true treasures that will last and give fulfillment
and the Lord will answer you in your times of need. Seek the Lord on your knees and pray. Worship Him in truth and in spirit.

Pages

Monday, August 31, 2020

He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20

“He told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.” – Matthew 13:31-32

The mustard seed is the smallest seed known to man, yet it grows to be the largest tree. Why would the Lord use this type of seed to represent heaven and our faith? I believe that He did this to show how dependence on God truly creates the greatest victory in life. In life we have to start out small and allow the Lord to grow us. The more we depend on the Lord the stronger we become. If He used a larger seek for His analogy, like the avocado seed, then the understanding of dependence on the Lord would be taken away. Sometimes size gets in the way of our willingness to depend on Gods guiding. We begin to rely on ourselves and take situations into our own hands. Though this seed is much bigger it doesn’t produce a tree like a mustard seed does. We need to surrender our plans and instead take up Kingdom plans. When we start small but have big intentions we allow the Lords hands to do the guiding. Even with the smallest of faith, miracles can happen and blessings are birthed. Don’t underestimate the power of faith and trust in the Lord. Though the mustard seed is small, when in combination with the Holy Spirit it does not always remain small. It takes perspective. Start small and allow the Lord to grow you. Continue to rely and depend on the Lord no matter what you are going through.

Dear Jesus thank you for another day filled with opportunities to see your beauty. Thank you for the thunderstorm I was woken up to at the same time as my alarm. Thank you for filling my lungs with your breadth and allowing me to face another day. God, I ask that today my eyes would be focused on you. That every encounter I have people would see you and not me. I pray that you would revive your people and give them a heartbeat for you. That we would walk in sync with your beating heart. Jesus, thank you for your faithfulness in all that you do. Thank you for sending your spirit and for filling me every single day. God, I pray that my faith in you would remain greater than faith in myself. If I ever lose sight of that Lord please remind me. God you are worthy of all praise! You are worthy of it all! In you I can do all things! In you I can tell the mountains in my life to move and command the storms to cease. In you nothing is impossible. So, Lord, today and every day no matter what I go through, whether it be good or bad I will face everything and rejoice and leave false expectations about reality behind. You get the glory no matter what! In your holy and precious name, amen!

Blessings Abundantly,

Taylor

No comments: