Be contented. Be cheerful. Do not have a murmuring spirit. But give thanks for all the blessings in your life so that God can bless you more. Have a humble spirit, so that God can exalt you. Do not seek earthly things that will perish but seek the true treasures that will last and give fulfillment
and the Lord will answer you in your times of need. Seek the Lord on your knees and pray. Worship Him in truth and in spirit.

Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Daily Reflections With Jesus

1 Corinthians 12:4-6

4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

So many times in the past I struggled with comparison. Wondering why God didn’t make me more like “this or that”. Being a twin, this came up in my mind frequently. It was later in life when I realized that the Lord made me perfect the way I was. That He equipped me with the appropriate gifts for the purpose and calling that He had on my life. It was so eye opening knowing that though I wasn’t like my sister, it was okay. I love how there can be billions of people in the world yet we all have a different specific calling on our lives. We all have been equipped with specific gifts or quality traits to help us reach that calling and no one can take that from you. There is always hope because though we are all very different it is the same God who called us, created us and equipped us! You are called, fashioned and created for a purpose even if you do not know that purpose yet. In the right time the Lord will reveal it to you! Do not lose hope.

Father God, you are so beautiful, fun and creative. I praise you that there is not even 1 person on this earth who is exactly the same. I praise you that you didn’t just create human kind but you fashioned and uniquely created us. You made sure that no one was exactly the same, not even Identical twins. I thank you Lord that though we are all very difference your spirit in us is what brings us together in unity. I ask Lord that you would continue to bridge generations, races, and nations together as one. That we would set aside our disagreements and agree on the one true thing that matters. You Lord! That you would raise up a people who knows there identify in you and isn’t afraid to live out in the gifts and callings you have placed on their lives. I lay aside any insecurities today and pray that your spirit would guide my thoughts and actions. I thank you Lord for your faithfulness to your word and praise you always. God today no matter what I go through, no matter how overwhelmed I may feel, I ask that you would help me to keep you as my center and my focal point of everything I do. I pray that I would be a light to my students on the other side of the computer screen and that they would feel your love as I teach them. Help me to have patience for myself and for them today, Lord! Today and every day I will face everything and rejoice and leave false expectations about reality behind. You get the glory no matter what! In your holy and precious name, amen!

Blessings Abundantly,

Taylor

No comments: